Below are our most frequently asked questions. Not seeing yours? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you out.
Is there a submission fee?
- No. Our personal publishing ethos is that writers should not be required to pay to for our reading attention and responses.
Is there compensation for those accepted into the anthology?
- As this is our debut, we don’t have a budget for paying each writer for their work, so we are saying thank you by giving each writer a free ebook and paperback copy.
Do I need to work with an editor prior to submission?
- We are a full service press, meaning we will work with our contributors to edit their submission for publication. We do expect writers to turn in their best polished work, but we also know that typos sneak in and hindsight will inspire you to change something as soon as you hit send. It’s okay! We are judging based on your story, not your perfection. Whether you work with someone prior to submitting is up to you, but we in no way require it.
What happens after I am accepted?
- All acceptances will come with a contributor agreement. Once signed, we can officially begin spreading the news and planning the edits for your submission. Our goal is to work on edits through the opening months of 2021 and be ready for release in the summer. We would love to work with our contributors to create marketing content along the way, such as blog interviews, live events, and Twitter mixers. We want to do everything we can to help you have a platform and meet readers!
How will contributors be recognized in the book?
- In addition to title pages, each writer will have a full bio in our appendix. We strongly encourage writers to take advantage of this marketing opportunity by listing media handles and relevant links to direct readers to your work.
Do I get to keep my copyright?
- Cardigan Press maintains first rights to accepted work until the date of publication, at which point copyright reverts back to the author.